Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year..somewhere

In just a few short days I am leaving sunny, hot, dry Florida for Philadelphia. I am so excited. I have been assured I will see leaves changing.. somewhere. On this trip I will do my darndest to convince my DH that we actually do NEED to live somewhere that Fall is actually considered a season and not a myth. I love, love fall. I hate, hate being hot! I think FL would be a great place to visit occasionally.
Of course I am practicing contentment. I am freshening up my home and filling it with the great scents and colors of fall. I am thankful for the humble home God has so graciously blessed us with. But somehow I think dreaming of a more colorful world is not taboo.

I am still stocking my freezer full of yummy goodies. I have three bags of beef stew. Three pans of chili chicken mac, and four pans of beef and macaroni. I made a huge batch of chicken and rice that turned out way too dry. We are eating that this week for lunch three times and dinner at least twice. I did not want to save it for later. LOL Tomorrow or Monday I have chicken noodle soup to make. I might even try canning that. I look around my stocked pantry and freezer and it too makes me excited about fall. Storing up for the winter and all!

Be Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to live somewhere that has fall also. I just am not too thrilled with the snow. BRRRRR~I love how you are stocking your freezer. I want to get a freezer and start but am not sure what kind of freezer to get. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in New York there is no mistaking Fall! It's bright and beautiful but very cold already. I would like to live in the central USA again where it is warmer!! :)

    I have a suggestion for your rice, if you don't mind my adding a thought. Since it is already cooked and "dry" I would mix one can of crm of chicken soup, one can water, onion soup mix and pour that over and bake just until hot. It's very easy and flavorful! You can also make your own chicken gravy with plenty of seasoning from scratch and add a less than healthy topping to it :) I do this occassionally and my family loves it. (It's my mother in laws recipe)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. dottie, I have a really old chest freezer someone gave me. I was looking at some of the upright ones and those look li
    ke you could organize better. For your house something like Jennifer has would probably be best for now. It is very small and compact. Ask her about seeing it next time you are there.

    Trish, thanks for the suggestion. I have not used cream soups for awhile, but recently found a recipe that I can use to make some. I am dying to try it so that would work great!
    I was in Philly last week and it was freezing. Everyone said it was the coldest it had been this fall. LOL I loved it!

    ReplyDelete