Friday, July 10, 2009

Preachers I enjoy hearing


My preacher's wife told me sometime back that when her kids were growing up they listened to preacher's on the radio a lot. They are both grown now and both have relayed to her how much they learned from that.

I decided to make that a habit around here as well. First was the quest to find good solid preaching. WOW! There is a lot out there.

Sermonaudio is my favorite place on the web.

Especially since... this guy joined! WOOHOO!
Another favorite, when I am wanting to get hit between the eyes with a 2x4, which is often a lot more than you would think... LOL is this inspired man of God
I am sad to say that even as a Southern Baptist born and bred I was not very familiar with this man until my favorite preacher Voddie Baucham began to talk about him. Now, I am just thrilled with his sermons.
I like this man, and this man, and this man as well.
The great thing about sermonaudio is the awesome line up of preaching from classic preachers that they have.
and so many more! We put someone on while we clean or for our quiet times in the morning. I like to listen some more at night while I am buttoning up the house. When it's quiet time in the afternoon I will often play a sermon or two.
So many ways to get in the good preaching. I hope you all can find some time to enjoy them as well.
Be Blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing so many links!

    I just *knew* Voddie B. was going to be on your list ~ whew....that man does NOT beat around the bush. He tells it like it is!!

    I plan on listening to a few these while cleaning - thanks again~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, my friend. You know me so well. I want to move to Texas just to go to his church. Still trying to talk DH into that one... LOL

    If you have not heard Paul Washer yet, you should try him out. Talk about a hard hitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the girls go? Did they sit on the lounge the whole sermon? How precious! Bubby and I listen to Kevin Swanson every Tuesday through Saturday morning - Generations Radio. Its not a sermon but he does talk about homeschooling and living for God - I want Joshua to know that we aren't alone in the world on that stance :)

    I checked my iTunes and I have at least one sermon from each of the preachers you listed - your right, they are great! I don't agree with everything they have to say but they are mighty men of God and truly proclaim His name - I can't think of too many better ways to spend an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this. I did not know this was on the web WOW what a great resource.
    This is Wonderful
    Did you check this guy out
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermonsspeaker.asp?keyword=tozer

    ReplyDelete