Thursday, November 30, 2006

Healthy Eating Update

The other day I went to the local health food grocery store. I picked up four pounds of brown rice, because it was on sale, a jar of cocounut oil, a bottle of olive oil, a box of sea salt, a bag of whole wheat pastry flour, a jar of local honey and a box of stevia. At Walmart yesterday I bought two boxes of whole wheat spaghetti, two boxes of whole wheat lasagna noodles, and two boxes of whole wheat rotini noodles. I picked up a few bags of beans and two more boxes of brown rice. I also picked up some Florida Cane Juice sugar crystals. We cant afford organice meat right now, but I figure every change counts. I picked up a some ground beef and three bags of chicken breasts, I also picked up about 5 pounds of turkey sausage and 5 pounds of ground turkey. There was other stuff too, but this was the bulk of my purchase.
Last night we had brown rice, yellow squash, and zuchinni. I cooked the squash and zuchinni in some olive oil and garlic. I mixed it all together and put some mozzerella cheese on top of each bowl. The kids were not impressed because they dont like squash and zuchinni, but I loved it! Hubby thought it was ok, but he likes meat so when I serve dishes like this he eats them, but I darn skippy sure better have some meat for the next meal! :) Actually he is not that bad because he knows he needs a meatless dish every now and then, just not too often!
Tonight the kids and I will be having spaghetti, what they dont know is Im going to sneak some zuchinni into the sauce I also plan on shredding some carrots and putting them in the sauce as well. Hubby has a dinner meeting tonight so he wont be home. Too bad because I plan on putting meat in the spaghetti sauce! LOL.
Im loving our whole foods co-op. I got about 12 pounds of squash and zuchinni from them right before Thanksgiving and we are just now finishing it up. We have another order coming in next week. We also just finished up the raw milk. We did decide that while hubby and I are drinking the raw milk we will switch the kids to organic milk. It just seems the right thing to do the more we read about milk. I noticed a little girl the other day almost the same age as my oldest daughter and she was developing RAPIDLY. Now, I know some of this is just the way she is made, but come on where do we think the growth hormones they inject in cows go???? I will just feel better about it.
Ok I need to go our break is up and I have to get busy with some schooling we have missed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment