Thursday, March 11, 2010

Menu planning

Pictures from BHG.com.
Menu planning has taken on a whole new dimension around here. I can't stand brown rice and most chicken. Unfortunately, before I found this out we went to Costco. Yeah, we brought a lot of brown rice and chicken. :) I am working with some recipes that I am hoping will cover the chicken taste some.
Also Roy has been making most of the meals. I tried to pick some meals I can do most the prep work for in the morning when I feel great. That would ease some of the burden from him. Lunch has also been pretty hit or miss around here. I tried to come up with some easy but yummy lunch meals.
For breakfast I'm stuck with mostly eggs. Though I did find I could have a granola bar with milk. Not granola cereal just the bar. CRAZY! Well, my OB says, that he hates processed food. So I decided to try to make my own granola bars. We'll see.
I am seriously craving fruits and veggies so I'm really looking forward to using more of those.
I checked out a Rachel Ray low carb cookbook from the library and also a Quick and Easy low carb cookbook. Someone had ripped a lot of the pages out of the RR cookbook. I still found a few recipes I can use. The Q&E cookbook rocks though. YUM!



Here is what our menu plan looks like for this week.

Breakfast:
Bacon and Egg w/cheese
Fried egg on bread with cheese
Hard boiled egg with ham and string cheese
For kids:
Oatmeal
Granola cereal with fruit
muffin w/yogurt and granola

Lunch:
Leftovers
Taco Stoup with salad RR
Grilled chicken salad
Tuna with salad
Veg Soup Q&E
PB & J with fruit and string cheese

Dinner:
Chicken Au Gratin w/ Baked stuffed tomatoes RR
Chicken and peppers Q&E Asparagus and turnips
Beef stew w/polenta triangles Q&E
Tomato soup with basil and curried chick spread on veggies Q&E
Pecan crusted chk strips Q&E w/broccoli and fruit

I also let the two older girls pick three things from their cookbooks we will have this week.
Karly:
Mimi's Strawberry Trifle
Paula Deen's Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki Kebabs with grilled pineapple
BH&G Junior Cookbook Cheesy Beef sandwiches

Kelsie:
Cookbook for Girls Club Sandwich
Rachael Ray Cheesy fries
Cakes and Cookies Chocolate Choux Buns


Hope you all are doing well!
Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have really got it down!! I am sorry you aren't feeling well yet. =)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete