Saturday, February 27, 2010

Just spring fever or is this nesting??

Just a note: I love these vintage pictures. TOO CUTE! Check out art.com for more!
I have so many things I want to write about.. but I just can't find the time to get my thoughts together.
Right now my whole focus is on my home and yard. It's either spring fever or nesting.. maybe both?
Roy has agreed to help out with the garden this year so we can expand it. We have also brought the kids in explaining to the older girls, especially, how much their help will be needed through the spring and early summer.
We are putting in a container medicinal herb garden, a container cooking herb garden, some more citrus trees, and two more veggie boxes. It's a lot for a house we hope to be moving out of in the next year or so, but it will help the landscape and it will give us good experience. Our real plan was to put it on market this summer, but baby changes all sorts of plans. :)
I'm researching which flowers attract bees the best. We are planning to have more flowers this year. For bees and for cutting. The girls and I would love to be able to take fresh flowers and herbs and veggies to friends one day. Maybe not in this year because we are still learning, but we have the Patience. I know I do, because this will be my third year gardening with less than substantial results the past two years.

In the house I am on a new declutter kick. I have two boxes of books, I will be either goodwilling or PBS (paperbackswapping) in the next few days. I do need some school books and a few other books so I might PBS for a few weeks and see what happens. Or not. The whole idea is to get rid of the clutter. I need to finish our room this week so I can talk Roy into painting and finishing the floors. I will then slowly begin replacing our bedding and redoing the room. Lily will spend her first year in that room (in a separate bed) with us so I need to have it all clean, beautified and space carved out for her in a few months. I also need to do it as cheaply as possible. Lots of ideas for that though. :)
I mention our room because that's where the majority of our bookshelves are. I am yearning right now for beauty and organization.
I will work through the rest of the house as I am able. I have started some things in the kids rooms. That's my next big project. I want to start on the main part of my home, but I so want us all to have peaceful bedrooms first. I want to replace beds and mattresses in the kids rooms. Lots to ponder there. I'll save it for another post.


Of course it all comes down to budgeting. We were doing well with Dave Ramsey before Roy lost his job. As a matter of fact a lot of what has kept us a float and let us have some money to spend this last year is the fact that almost all of our debt was paid off. Of course circumstances allowed us to come into extra money throughout the year so that helped as well.
Now we need to get back on the DR bandwagon. Not because we are running out of money, but because we need to have as much cash as possible to put towards a new car. There is much fear and trepidation in the older children when they count spaces in our van. They wonder who is getting kicked out of the car to make room for baby. It's actually quiet amusing.
We have actually considered going back to one car for awhile to save even more money.
I dropped a lot of our outside activities. We have a few left, but we could work those out just fine with one car. It's not my favorite solution, but as my buddy Dave says, "To live like no one else, you have to live like no one else!" Wise words indeed.
We are also close to needing some new living room furniture. So we need to get our car bought and paid for so we can start saving for the next purchase. And don't forget I want new beds and mattresses for the kids rooms. Believe it or not we could do almost all of that by the end of this year if we really put our mind to it. We are at least shooting for the car this year and starting our furniture savings.


I desperately need to work out new schedules for cleaning around here. It's gotten mundane and it's really showing in the kids' work. Things are being left uncompleted and I don't notice until much later. Also, some things are not being done correctly. Correction is needed, but so is help, I think. I am working on some ideas that I just need to get down on paper. Once again the need for clean and organized right now is about to drive me through the roof. Is it spring? Is it baby? WHO KNOWS!? LOL
I do know I seem to have more energy right now. I have to be careful not to overdue it. I spent last Sunday in bed because I was super woman on Friday and Saturday.
My blood sugar was great because of all the activity. The pain, fatigue, and cold symptoms.. not so much! LOL
Well those are the musings of a crazed pregnant lady! I will try to post at least once a week. I appreciate the fact that some of you are still reading. :)
Be Blessed!


4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so thankful to hear that ANYONE else has what I call "crash and burn days" I have a tendancy to do what you are saying and work work work and then the next day or so I am useless! LOL

    It's the bzby that is motivating you I bet! I have so many goals in mind also! Right now it's my husband that is my champion he is really getting the unclutter bug!I love it!

    I am glad all is well with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being pregnant as Spring approaches is the best time to be pregnant (at least 2nd trimester and beyond). Between the Spring cleaning fever and nesting so much can get done! I plan on using March as my time to get the house together. My biggest problem? I want to paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you're feeling some extra energy---don't over do it.

    I'm an experienced gardener and i really reduce my gardening when preggo or have a newborn, but then again my oldest is 5 so i'm guessing you'll get better help from your kids.

    sometimes i wish my brain would pause long enogh for my body to actually accomplish all of my plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are getting some energy. This stage was always my favorite stage of pregnancy...and yes, it is probably nesting! I did this with all five of my children...and that was when the most projects got done at home. Oh, to have some of those nesting instincts now!!! I do want to encourage you with the new vehicle. We have had one vehicle that all of us ride in now for a few years. It was getting to a point where we needed another. We put the need before the Lord, and He has graciously given us an older vehicle for free! God can and does still do miraculous things! Just keep praying!

    God bless,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete