Monday, June 1, 2009

Thoughts and Musings

We were out of town for the better part of last week. We went and visited with my inlaws for a few days and then hopped over to Tampa to visit my husbands best friend and his family. It was a busy but joyful week.
Karly has her schoolwork caught up. A huge deal around here. We are ready on Thursday to start June. WOOHOO! I won't tell you that I just decided to move all of May to June and just pick up there. LOL I really do love homeschooling.

Roy went for a test for a job on last Tuesday. Please say prayers that it all works out. He is very excited about this prospect and I pray with my whole heart that this is it for him. He really feels that God is leading him in this certain direction and is trying to be obedient. Of course it would mean major life adjustments for our family, but hey, I'm all for it if my husband is loving what he is doing.



We have our yearly used curriculum sale Saturday. I look forward to this all year. I am so lame. LOL It's so much fun pouring over the curriculum and finding that treasure. You know, like last year Saxon 5/4 the whole package brand new for $24.00. No lie! Or how about Keeping Your Child's Heart by the Maxwells for $1.00. A book I have come to love and treasure. Of course occasionally I walk out with a dud or something I end up not using but for a few dollars a piece it's not a huge loss. Of course God always sends someone my way that I can bless with my oops purchases.



Potty training. Stubborn. Do I need to say more? "Jonathan, you can't play the Wii until you are potty trained. You have to be a big boy." "Ok," he says cheerfully. Ask him if he wants to play the Wii. "No, not til after potty trained," he replies and then goes on his merry way. Seriously?
"Jonathan, you can't spend the night with grandma. She does not like changing diapers." "Ok, I wait," he replies with a grin. *Sigh* I do so love this little boy though!
Anyway, just a glimpse into the everyday chaos that I call life. Hope you are all well.
Be Blessed!



1 comment:

  1. What a good wife you are! Seriously! I think it's great you are willing to go through major changes for your husbands happiness. What a Christ-like attitude! :)

    Homeschool curriculum sale!?!? I have never heard of that before. That would be awesome! I'm sure you'll find lots of good stuff. Do you know how to go about finding one of those?

    We are right in the middle of potty-training our 2 year old too. Sigh...it can be frustrating. But it will be worth it when they are out of diapers! I'll send up a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete