Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm just saying....

I read this article today with a pain in my heart. California a lot of the time leads the way for other states. Two very distinctive things struck me about this article. One was the fact that these kids were being called these horrible names. The other was the parents who are so upset over this ruling.

No child deserves to be taunted cruelly or called horrible names. It's never Christ like to bully someone else. These Christian parents should be teaching their children that while we don't tolerate sin we still need to have mercy towards the sinners. No one is going to come to know Christ while being teased and taunted mercilessly. I don't believe the sin of homosexuality is any different than lying. Sin is sin. Just as mercy as we minister to other sinners is mercy.

Next, can I just say, as a parent if the ruling in California makes you so angry, why are your kids still in public school in California? Do you really think this is the first time they have gone outside of your permission to teach your child lies? Evolution as a fact, anyone? Revised history that completely leaves God out of our country? Why is it ok for the schools to teach your kids this but not the homosexual agenda? As my favorite preacher Voddie Baucham says, "If we continue to send our children to Caesar for their education - We need to stop being surprised when they come home as Romans."
Be Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Well said on all accounts. Sin is sin. I don't think one is worse than another.

    And, I don't think things are going to change for the better anytime soon, so exercise the right to homeschool, NOW, while it's still a right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, with a great quote. I hadn't heard of this, but I feel so blessed that I am able to stay home and teach my own children!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is heartbreaking. I really need to start homeschooling before it's too late. Who knows what my children are learning!

    ReplyDelete