Thursday, May 14, 2009

When daddy is home we...

take impromptu trips to the zoo!
This giraffe walked right up to us.. until he figured out we weren't going to pay to feed him. So he stormed off. Ok, not really but it sounded good.
Adrian, asked me to take this picture with him and Jonathan. After 30 minutes of trying to get them up there both boys were like, "Hot, sweaty, are we done?" Cute pic, huh?


This is my girly girl. LOL Seriously. But today she had the urge to climb and swing. See daddy's strong arms in the background ready to catch?


Yes, my children, please dip your fingers into the dirty water. I will take the picture to remind me of you after you catch swine flu.


Just stand still! I don't care if you smile! This is the entrance to the new Asian garden. It was really quiet lovely.


Come on, I have this new camera and I must take pictures. This is the third attempt with this picture. This is by the lotus pond. Then you cross The Bridge of the Weeping Tree (or something like that) and leave the Lotus behind to venture onto the Koi pond. Thrilling.

I cracked up when I looked at this picture. Can you see the pained expression on Tamara's face? You would never know it was overcast by the squints and glares I was getting.



Mom, why are you taking pictures of flowers? Hush, it's my camera! I thought these hydrangeas were pretty and they made me think of my sister in law who loves hydrangeas. Plus, they did not squint, glare, move, or complain when I took the picture.


Blurry, but oh so worth it. I love the look of pure delight. Apparently she did not know I was taking the picture. Thus the smile.


My spider monkey. He wanted me to take a picture of him and I Am Speed (Lightening McQueen) in the spider web. "Ha, Ha, that's punny, mommy!"


Can you tell they are holding hands? Ha, Ha, caught ya! You do love each other. The other picture I had was too blurry. And check out those clouds. It was still to be another hour and a half before it rained. Although the lightening crackling above us made us move pretty quickly towards the parking lot.

More pretty flowers that preened and curtsied as I took their picture. Thank you flowers for allowing me to play with my camera today.


As we left the zoo I had to snap this picture. Still no rain, but we half expected to see our first funnel cloud. Look at the sun trying to break through though. I thought it was a beautiful ending to a beautiful day.
Be Blessed!










7 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO thrilled you got that camera! I am enjoying all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pics ~ keep 'em coming!!

    Scary cloud pics, I HATE storms....
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of your blog !Nice photos. My daugter has a camera! BUT Mama doesn't have one. I want one !

    Looks like it takes great photos. Glad you all had a wonderful day together.

    I am still"hanging out" only a few more weeks (about 4) this bedrest thing is getting old.

    Be blessed my friend and enjoy that camera!

    Blessings-
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You kids are lovely--squinting and all.

    Don't feel too weird about taking pictures of flowers, I take pictures of inanimate objects all the time. They don't complain or look away. LOL

    Love the pictures. I need a new camera--what do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,ladies, I too am thrilled with my new camera. I can't wait to actually figure out how to take better pictures with it. LOL
    It was a fun day at the zoo. Scary clouds and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious. Thanks for the idea of reading the Psalms a day. I am studying Sermon on the Mount for a while longer, but at least I have a focus for when I am done..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how big the kids are getting!!! WOW!! Such a blessing!

    I hope you are doing awesome!!

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete