Thursday, December 13, 2007

Passionate Housewives Desperate for God


I received my copy of this book as a gift from Mrs. Chancey. (Click on the picture of the book to order) I help moderate a message board that she started and she sent all of the moderators complimentary copies. I was thrilled! I knew I wanted this book the moment I saw the advertisements for it. I also knew it would be awhile after Christmas before I could order anything for myself. So this was a true blessing!

This book truly has helped put me back in the place God called me to almost 4 years ago. Four years ago this month I quit my job to be a housewife. It was not until May of the next year that we were blessed with any children. In the five months I had to myself I began to really learn about being a wife and keeper at home. A lot of it I credit to Lady Lydia and the Ladies Against Feminism site. They pointed me to Bible passages that touched my heart and showed me what I was missing. They pointed me to practical application of these passages. While I am still, 4 years later, living in a home that is chaotic at best, my attitude is different. My heart is different. I know that what I'm doing is not the best for my family. I know that I am not being the example God called me to be. No, Im not comparing myself to others. I am comparing myself to where God wants me.

This book was a refresher to me. It opened my eyes to the dream and vision I had when I first started on this road. I had a vision of tackling each day with a purpose. Building up a family to love and serve God. Building up a home that would show God's glory. Helping my husband to complete the mission God has for him on this earth. Raising future godly wives and mothers and godly husbands and fathers. Men and women not afraid to turn against the tide and swim upstream.

Confession time. I was starting to swim with the others downstream. I would take it to heart when others told me I should let my kids do this or this, even though I knew it would not be the best for them. People telling me I could function outside of my role as wife and mother.

I know I still need peace and time to myself. But not to "get away" from my family, but to strengthen myself and serve them. When Jesus went away it was time of prayer and strengthening himself. Not time to "escape" his day to day responsibility. Sometimes that time will not be available. At those times we learn the true meaning of leaning on the Father.

We are having family reformation around here. As a keeper of the home I am responsible for the heart of the home. My husband is the head, but he has delegated to me the responsiblity of the heart. I am the real living example of Jesus Christ that my children will see. I am the bride that should reflect what my husband is doing for God's glory. I am the one who prepares my children for the future. Not just with knowledge but with life skills and skills that will take them into spiritual maturity.

My ministry is my family and home. If they are out of control or failing I need to reevaluate what I am putting ahead of them.

Thank you Jesus for opening my eyes again that I may see the truth. Amen.


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment