Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Checking in..


Not that I think anyone is reading anymore..LOL

I miss blogging and hope to come back soon. I cant waite to talk about the changes in our lives.

We are revamping our homeschool to be a little more fun. I'm keeping the classical education flavor while stepping out into some unit studies. I am also upping our memorization. We will spend time every morning memorizing all sorts of stuff.

I found an awesome history and science study from Christian Cottage that I love. We will be using it along with some other resources. I also want to do some studies on hymns and their writers.

Another focus area will be reading and reading comprehension. I need to get them all reading better and Im going to use the VP guides for comprehension.

I have lots of ideas and will share them all in a later post.

Right now I need to go pick up hubby from work.


Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still reading and praying!

    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Julie, I just found your blog through my stats reader and wanted to write you a word of encouragement. I am so glad to hear you are making HS more fun. As along time HSer (17 yrs) the number one reason I see that stops HSing is burn out. HSing is sort of like a triathlon, you need to pace yourself, if you want to go the long distance. Your children already have a love of learning, if you do not kill that, a lot of your work will already be done for you. I can not tell you the joy, when you see your teen children choosing to learn on their own. Having their own passions and callings. God bless you and hand your HS over to the Lord everyday, let Him lead and you will be fine. Clarice

    ReplyDelete