Thursday, December 27, 2007

Can I take a moment?

I just would like to take a moment and vent. *Sigh* Yes, I know that I have not been around for ages and now I post with a vent. Sorry. I will post again in the next few days to tell you about an amazing book Im reading.

God says children are a blessing, right? Psalm 127
So....why are good Christian people bragging about fixing the problem of having more children? Bragging? If you choose to stop the process by surgical methods or whatever...ok I wont argue with you. I will pity you but I wont argue with you... unless you ask for my opinion. :) But goodness should it be a joke? Should we laugh about it or brag about it? Lets see how it really sounds.
"Ha, Ha, yeah no more blessings from the Lord. We could not afford them so we just cut them off."
"Yeah, we snipped those blessings."
"I cant handle the 1.5 blessings I have now. I sure dont want any more blessings!"
"I have a boy and a girl blessing. Why would I want more?"

I get physically ill when Im in a room and this joke starts.

Um... no offense folks but I am going to ask God to pour out His blessings on me.

Further more I dont think that Christians should criticize other Christians for having too many blessings.
If I hear another Christian call the Duggar family irresponsible I go in swinging. Just which blessing should they have stopped at?
My wonderful friend -who never gets mad at me when I ignore her for weeks at a time- has three of the best boys. Her third just arrived and I have made it over to hold him and oogle him.....ONCE.... I do stink! Anyways, she is already hearing all the, "Are you done yet?!" rants. She actually had a few before and after her second baby. If she had stopped at two I would not have gotten to hold her snuggly baby boy a few weeks ago. Her second boy would not know the joy (and aggravation) of being an older brother. Her first boy would have missed out on an amazing playmate. I love that she is my kindred spirit and that she thinks motherhood is just as blessed as I do. She is a much better mommy than me (and she will leave a comment saying that she is not, but trust me she is! :) ). I love getting ideas from her. I love that she will spend as much time praying and researching what is best for her boys as I do. I love her, period. I love her boys. I even like (just kidding love) her old stinky husband. He's not really stinky, he's my friend and I love him. I love how he fathers his blessings. I love how my husband fathers our blessings.
Children are a blessing and we are blessed to have them.
Its not a topic I want to debate. Just as how many children I want and have is my business, how many you want and have is your business. Dont ask me my opinion. Dont get in my face and laugh and joke about it though. Dont be surprised at my look of pity.
Father God, I want more blessings. Pour them out on our home and make me the mother that they need. Help me to be a better mom. To pass on to others what a blessing and joy having children and being a mom can be. Amen.

Be Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Amen (all except that part about me being a better mommy)! I have been reading Raising Godly Tomatoes for the UMPTEEN BILLIONTH time because things are getting out of control here due to my inconsistency. Thank you so much for sharing that site.

    Love you,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I can see if people say the Duggars are irresponsible if they were wallowing and miserable, but they're not! They're thriving and Godly people. So why is that irresponsible?

    ReplyDelete