Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Babble, Babble, Babble

STUFF!! EVERYWHERE! Seriously, why is this taking me so long? I get started and the baby cries. I get started and someone needs help with math. I get started and it's lunch time. I get started and it's 11 p.m. Sigh. But I would not change it for anything in the whole wide world. I love being here with my kids. I love knowing every little thing that is happening in their lives.
I do have some babblers in my house. Babble, Babble, Babble. As I caught myself getting short with one today and rolling my eyes in exasperation with another I thought about all the times I have listened and caught one or two sentences that really revealed something about what the child was really saying.

I also realized that time is FLYING! How soon will it be that my house is eerily quiet and empty? I know, I know some days those days seem so far away. ;) Today though as I watched Lily climb onto a box I realized that all of my kids grow a little older every day.

Yes, I need to finish my bedroom. Yes, I need to organize the rest of the house. Yes, I need to train up my girls to be homemakers. I also need to stop and listen. To relish in the babbling for just a few minutes.


Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed today that I was hurrying along my "babblers", even getting annoyed with them (tsk, tsk, Lori!).

    All because I was busy with MY stuff and didn't they realize that I was BUSY!!!

    *shakes head*

    It's good to listen to them, really listen to them. I *do* want to hear what they have to say. Most of the time, it's really awesome, actually~

    I'm hearin' ya, sister!

    ReplyDelete