Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do you get back to normal?

I have a few steps I am going to take.
The first one is to make sure that I pick up my Bible and prayer journal every day. Why is it that the first thing to go when your life is topsy turvy is your Bible reading? Shouldn't it be the one thing you continue to do during the chaos? Crazy!

The second is to sit down on Sunday evenings and come up with a meal plan and schedule for the next week. Right now working out a schedule on a week by week basis works for me. I can glance at my calendar and see what is going on for the week and plan around that. Like I said before this week will be a really fun week, but I would like to start our read alouds again and I want to get some projects done as well. I have to loosely schedule everything right now with the baby, but having written down what comes next will help when I am pulled away by my precious baby.

The third thing I will be doing is revamping our chore system. I need to streamline it more so that I can check up on how everyone is doing in a more efficient way. I'm still noodling this as I'm not sure how I am going to work it out. I need to give Jonathan some chores and really Tamara needs to start learning how to work in the kitchen. So, lots to think on here.



And the fourth thing I am going to do is continue to read other peoples blog posts and ideas. It sounds like it's counterproductive to getting more organized, but it's what motivates me. My new favorite thing is the link up on Raising Homemakers. I am so motivated just from that! I am the type of person who reads Little House on the Prairie, Janette Oke or an Amish fiction book and I want to hop right up and go make my house a little homier. Blog time for me is educational time. I'm constantly learning.
I hope to get back to semi regular blogging. It's a nice outlet for all the thoughts in my head. :)
Be Blessed!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful new baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with streamlining. I have found that I just make things hard for myself by not thinking ahead. Clutter was always my number one problem. (when all six kids were home) I also agree that reading other blogs can be encouraging and not a waste of time. I have been inspired many times to 'do better' in lots of areas, and the time was well spent reading recipes, looking at other kitchens and crafty things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that there is a "getting back to normal" but there is a "new normal"
    our babies are the same age and I am beginning home school this week it's not as easy as I would like it to be but it's a good thing.
    I like to make "extra" large meals and have left overs available for a quick lunch or dinner of course I only have 3 children so this may be lots easier for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing, she's amazing!!! I loved your birth story!!

    Love,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete