Friday, August 20, 2010

Getting Back To Normal

And what exactly is this normal I am speaking of?? :)
It's being a wife, mother, and homemaker. It's trying to re-prioritize my life. It's recognizing that this small wonder really needs me right now, but so do my other children. It's eeking out time with my wonderful husband and trying to reestablish a comfortable home life for the rest of the family.


My baby is growing up so quickly. She is already 2 months old. Where is the time going??
I have tried off and on to get some school going but it's not working out.
Next week we will celebrate the first week of public school here by playing.
We will play at Chuck E Cheese on Monday, the Museum on Tuesday, the beach on Wednesday, bowling on Thursday, Friday is TBD.
I plan to post on my Large Family Review Blog about how we managed the whole week affordably.
After our week of play we will buckle back down to our Read Alouds and finishing up workbooks.
The last week in September we will formally start our new year.


In the mean time I will be thoroughly cleaning the house and rearranging/reorganizing some of the more cluttered areas.
I will be working with the children to reestablish their chores. Right now it's almost an anything goes scenario with their chores and that is SO not working out for me. :)
Lily is getting older and is establishing a more set routine for herself. Right now it's totally baby led as far as feeding and napping. But I am seeing more of a pattern.
My kids need more of a routine, my hubby needs more of a routine, and I surely need more of a routine. It's been pretty chaotic around here.
I have new ideas and new tricks up my sleeve. We'll see how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. aw she's so pretty! I love the photos of her! I think it's great that you do "baby lead" care. I can't imagine doing it any other way!

    My little boy is two months old also and a couple days. He's just amazing. His sisters love him, and also ignore him most of the time. How are your other blessings with the new arrival?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Julie, these pictures are absolutely precious!! Beautiful lil' girl~

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely beautiful. God bless you and your family. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily is GORGEOUS!!
    Take your time establishing your new schedules and routines. Enjoy this short time of infancy....it will be gone before you know it and the routines will always be there waiting to be set up.
    SO good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete