Friday, June 4, 2010

Cassaroles for Diabetics

I made up a dish last night and I have to say it was quiet yumm! It's a little hard trying to find something low carb that the whole family enjoys. Everyone seemed to like this except my non veggie eaters, Adrian and Jonathan.

First I half cooked some frozen broccoli and cauliflower. I did this to try to release some of the moisture so the casserole would not be too watery. It worked.
Then we took some tomato sauce and added seasoning. Onions, garlic powder, and my go to spices, Basil and Parsley.
I layered in a casserole dish the sauce, some go to precooked meat, a layer of broccoli and cauliflower, more sauce, mozzarella cheese, meat, b and c, sauce and then last cheese.
I then baked it for about 30m at 350 degrees.
Oh it was so good! I had some for lunch today.
The best part is that it did not affect my blood sugar at all.
I'm sorry the recipe is not more scientific. I kind of make stuff up as I go along. I have finally taught Roy not to ask how much of a spice goes into the dish. I always just say, "Eyeball it!" Which of course he hates. LOL He's getting better at it though! :)
I will have a baby update in the next few days. I have a busy weekend planned.
Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Just eyeball it---Ha! I had two requests for a crock pot recipe at the church pot luck this week---let's see--a can of this, some of that, etc.

    I'm so glad to 'see' you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete