Monday, November 30, 2009

Whats the plan?

I have always had a love/hate relationship with Flylady. I am the ultimate perfectionist to the point of inability to function. Regardless of what she said I always thought I had to follow every list, assignment, suggestion she sent out just perfectly. Then I would think this is so pointless and unsubscribe.
Well I'm back. But this time I'm dragging my kids with me. My two oldest girls do the dishes so I will show them how to shine the sink. We are blessing our home today and I assigned each kid and myself one chore from the list.
For the zone cleaning today which was hotspot cleaning in the living room I assigned hotspots from top to bottom til I ran out. Starting with myself.
We will also spend 15m in a room a piece today to declutter.
If I divy up the work then I don't think it all has to be done and in a certain way.
Weird? I know. That's how I hop.
My 15 minutes will be working towards finishing up decorations. I planned two of those and two other 15 minutes for our bedroom.
We'll see how it goes.

Floors are being finished up here this week and we have a party on Saturday that Dhs family is all coming over for. They have not really seen our home in awhile and I am really working hard to make sure that it's nice and clean and inviting. My sister in law is crockpotting a roast for Saturday and I think I will do the same. Just to make sure we have enough. I need to make sure we have enough seats and pretty up the dining room and kitchen. It's in honor of my Mother in laws birthday and I want it to be nice.
On top of all that I really need to bust some homeschooling out this week. We ended up taking off last week except for one day and I have to bust a move to make sure we make our January goal.

I have been reading PennyAnnPoundwise these past few days and I am so inspired. Usually when I plan a menu I go way over budget, but looking over her menus I realize that is not really necessary.
Here is our menu for this week.
Monday:
Breakfast- leftover oatmeal and apple cake
Lunch- Toasted PB and J and fruit salad
Dinner- Cincinnati chili, green beans, and pecan pie
Tuesday:
Breakfast- oatmeal and PB toast
Lunch- Leftovers or hamburger soup
Dinner- Shepherd's pie with sweet potato topping, pineapple and raisin salad
Wednesday:
Breakfast - pancakes and eggs
Lunch- leftovers or hamburger soup
Dinner- chicken fried rice w/brco and cauli, strawberry cake
Thursday:
Breakfast- Cinnamon French toast, turkey bacon
Lunch- Leftovers or hamburger soup
Dinner- meatloaf, corn, mashed potato, pumpkin pudding
Friday:
Breakfast- Hashbrown casserole (I am getting desperate here!) LOL
Lunch- Leftovers or hamburger soup
Dinner- Chicken pot pie, Fruit (must get to store soon! Hopefully today)
Saturday:
Breakfast- oatmeal, PB toast
Lunch- leftovers
Dinner- Birthday party
Sunday:
Breakfast- muffins, smoothie
Lunch- Sandwiches, chips, fruit
Dinner- spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, cookies
Most of the stuff I am using I have on hand. Towards Friday I was getting a little desperate but I pushed through. I am trying to get my shopping day to Friday morning. Early. We'll see how that goes.
Well I need to run and work on my 15m hotspot.

Be Blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment