Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Reality

Lets start today's post off with a little game! Which living room is mine? Come on everyone can play along.

Is it this tastefully decorated room with the patterns? The beautiful arrangements? The coordination?

Is it this room decorated with Christmas junk, library books, and kids clothing?


Or this formal room decorated with all the style and finesse of a gifted decorator? Notice how the colors and patterns compliment one another.



Ok ready for the answer. I'm sure you will be shocked. Drum roll...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR



It's the second one. Yep the Christmas, books, clothing designer threads. That's the one.


So many times we get caught up in thinking that we wished we had so and so's life. Their house is beautiful in all their pictures. Their kids so well behaved. Their husband a true modern day knight. *Sigh*


Reality is I am almost to the point I can't function. I look around and everywhere there is stuff.

I am literally moving stuff from one end of the room to the other. You know we all have days like that. I hope? Anyone?

I cried actual tears today as I thought of everything I have to get done between now and Saturday. I was already disappointed that my shopping trip got moved to next week. Then to realize that I don't even know where to begin to get the house clean and organized before Saturday. UGH!


But in the end we are going to have nice evening Saturday night. We will fellowship with friends and family and celebrate the woman who made all of this possible for me, by giving birth to her surprise boy in 1971. I will thank her and do my best to make her feel welcomed and comfortable. Just doing the best I can!


Be Blessed!



1 comment:

  1. just a quick note to let you know I'm still enjoying your blog. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete