Monday, November 5, 2007

What a week!

I cant even begin to describe this past week.
On Wednesday I twisted and something popped in my back. I was pretty much bedridden the rest of Wed and all day Thursday. I did manage to go to a few houses with the kids Wed night after many pain killers. It just reiterated my dislike of Halloween. I really do not enjoy it at all and my kids did not seem to as much this year either. I hope we are getting closer to letting the whole holiday go from our home. There were like four houses in a row that were so scary my kids wanted nothing at all to do with them.
I am preparing to go out of town with my women's group this weekend. It really snuck up on me. Now I am scrambling around trying to get all the transportation worked out. I'm already worn out. LOL.
Hubby and I are still talking and praying over our vision so I will definitely write more about it soon.
Let me end with a verse that is heavy on my heart this week due to some news I have been following.
John 8:7-11

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.


While I don't for a minute condone sin in any way, I do think when someone offers an apology, a sincere apology, and asks for help to overcome the problem, they should not be flamed by so called, reverends (or anyone else!)..... Even if the "reverend" has never uttered anything in anger that should never have been said.
Just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment