Sunday, January 30, 2011

When your floundering

Before I start this post I just wanted to tell you that the pictures are of my little Jonathan. He just turned 5. He is growing up so much!!
I know I was supposed to come back last week with menus. I was hoping it would jump start me back into blogging. Not so much. Things kept coming up that kept me too busy to get back here. Mostly things that are opening my eyes up more and more to the need to get back to basics around here. When I started this journey so many years ago now, I had passion and vision. I believed in myself and God. I just knew that I could accomplish great things in my home. I knew where I was headed.
I still believe in God and slowly but surely I am clawing my way back to where I left Him. I don't know if that's the right wording. I still believe that God is totally in control and will provide all my needs! I have faith, but as I said before that faith is weak. I am climbing back to that place where I had passion and purpose and vision. I keep slipping and sliding backwards but I KNOW that I am headed in the right direction. I am climbing into His arms for a time of regrouping.

As I reflected this year on how much I wanted pure beauty in my life and in my home I realized I need to start with simplicity. I have to simplify my life more. I need to get rid of the clutter, physically and mentally, that is clogging up my life. Robbing me of being able to focus on the important things in life.
My vision of a rigorous Classical Education for my kids is being put aside for a simpler, gentle Charlotte Mason type education for my kids.
My vision of a great organized home is being replaced with a clean, efficient home. One that is simple and neat and peaceful.
My vision of the perfect family with obedient ,compliant children all the time is being replaced with a family that loves together, laughs together, and lives together. Not that I won't expect obedience but maybe a little less tightly controlled in some areas.
I'm letting go. I'm going to stop floundering and start floating.
Be Blessed!


3 comments:

  1. Simplicity. I like this.

    I too can remember dreams, hopes, visions......and they all seem to be a bit swallowed up by the "reality" of my many children, duties & responsibilities. I especially remember being passionate!

    So I'm back to God. Like you, I never really left Him (nor He, me) - yet my focus was a bit blurred.

    Simplicity.
    Sounds nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been exactly where you are. Simplifying life does help so much. It helps us to focus on those things that matter most. I am currently gearing up for my own decluttering as the Army tells us we will be moving this summer...where is not definite yet. Looking forward to scaling down. Blessings to you, jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too learned this lesson many years ago. It's easy to get caught up in doing what everyone seems to think you should, or what you just believe your children should be active in. But then you realize that the things you are busy in don't really matter. I love the simple life. It's helped me to enjoy my family and do things that really matter. It IS possible to have obedient children that you enjoy and that can get along.

    ReplyDelete